Thursday, September 18, 2008

...proud to be the member of the 3rd club in Poland!

Last weekend we took part in a very prestigious Polish Club Championships. I must admit some of the best Polish elite runners were absent as they trained hard in Sankt Moritz. Nevertheless, our performance was really amazing in my opinion. We took 9 podium places at the sprint distance and won this competition in overall!
You can see the official PCC standings here.

15 points for my club :-)

We hardly managed to get to the Cieplice Park on time. Our bus arrived just some 40 minutes before the first starter and one of the first starters was... me! Moreover, Hewi was to start one minute behind me and I really had to push hard from the very beginning. I wasn't caught by him on the course but he punched the finish control only 43 seconds after me...



Another 15 pts for my club ;-)

I had thought I am not a guy who is good at middle distance before my great qualification race at JWOC in Sweden. This time I wanted to prove (especially myself!) I am also able to have a really good run in Polish rocky mountains. My pace wasn't supposed to be extremely fast but my technique had to be at its highest possible level... and it quite was, except for my compass at the 8th control. This performance gave me definitely more complacency than the sprint distance.



Polish Tiomila?

In fact, not... Easier and shorter courses, not so many forkings, less competitors and teams but the adrenalin and excitement were almost the same. The desire to finish the first leg on the best place in club relay didn't differ from the one in Polish Youth Team relay 5 months ago. There was only one thing which made me feel more secure - my self-confidence in night orienteering gained in the last three weeks' time. I lost only 39sec (it was the biggest amount of time I lost to the leader during this round of PCC - that's why I am so satisfied with my performance at this well-organised competition) to the winner (Jacek Morawski - congratulations 'cwelu' ;-P) and finished in the first group of 8 runners with advantage of 14 minutes over the next ones!



PCC 2008 summary

Gdynia: 3rd in sprint, 2nd in long, 1st in relay.
Jelenia Góra: 3rd in sprint, 3rd in middle, 5th in so-called generations' realy.

I scored nearly 86 of 904 my club's points. Do you need me? Judge it fairly by your own*

*Yeah, yeah... I know it was not modest...

No comments: