Monday, September 29, 2008

The list of 16 whizz-kids announced!

Now we officially know who is going to attend European Youth Orienteering Championships 2008 in Switzerland (9-12th October) to represent Polish Youth Team. Check!
It is amazing that as much as 3 competitors are from my club. Undoubtedly, it's going to be a very nice stay with them and the rest of our wonderful and harmonious team :-)

As far as the decision to take 5 runners from my class (M18) is concerned, I think it's very clever and well-considered because none of us (Slavko, Drągu and me) was vastly outstanding during this season and each of us represented quite an equal level. Rino and Hewi took the first two places in the ranking of course.

There is also one more thing that delights me - the second trainer. It's going to be Kajo. Exactly two years ago I spent about 2 weeks on a sports camp in Hungary with him and it was not a waste of time in any case.


It seems to be the most appropriate time to refer to my pre-season goals. These were:
  1. gold in an individual race (Polish Champs)
  2. gold in relay (PC)
  3. go for EYOC 2008.

Unfortunately, only the third one is really going to be fulfilled as the 2nd one was missed by only 5 seconds and instead of the 1st one I have one bronze and two silver PC medals in individual races.
Nevertheless, there appeared JWOC 2008 totally unexpectedly and now even if it's my very first time to take part in EYOC, I have already gained much more experience and you cannot name it debut!
Therefore, my expectations are quite high and I don't want to hide I dream about a medal from relay. However, there is no point in getting excited too much, I just have to do my job. I would like to start in long and sprint distance as well (of which I can't be sure as only 4 runners per class can perform in each distance).

On Friday I'm flying to Sweden to take part in Baltic Junior Cup. Then we're moving directly to Switzerland for some days of preparatory camp before the main aim of this journey - EYOC 2008.

I hope our whole team will make this EYOC a wonderful memory for life and great encouragement for the coming generations!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sory Podzio że ci nie dałem spełnić założenia o złocie indywidualnie na MP...ale sam wiesz jak to jest...jak się ma już dwa to się chce mieć kolejne dwa^^ ...załatw jeżeli możesz piłke do nogi na wyjazd. Do zobaczenia!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

No proszę :) Teraz to się kurczę wydaje oczywiste, że musisz jechać na MEJa a jak sobie przypomnę jak po Klubowych w Gdyni mówiłeś, że masz szansę żeby tam pojechać, to kurczę szok :) Bo wtedy, to mi się wydawało jakieś takie no hymm... odległe czy jak ^^ A teraz no to sprawa oczywista. Wniosek taki, że straaasznie dużo w to pracy włożyłeś.
I ja będę za Ciebie (znaczy będę za wszystkich oczywiście, ale z przyczyn całkowicie obiektywnych najbardziej za Ciebie i Natalkę) mooocno trzymać kciuki i śledzić wyniki w necie ;)
A co do złota z MP... co się odwlecze, to nie uciecze :P Było już tak blisko, to kto wie co się stanie w tym przyszłym sezonie ^^

Anonymous said...

trzymam kciuki Zenonie ;)
Elzbieta

Anonymous said...

Pełną relację prooooszę ;)