Monday, September 1, 2008

Holiday camp in Ustka

This was a kind of a sport camp especially for young children, who have to learn the very basics of orienteering and for some a little bit more experienced runners to improve their skills. I think (and hope!) we belonged to the second group. I don't really think that trainings were tough enough to satisfy my legs and brain but it was a great opportunity to take some beneficial rest after really demanding 2 months of strong running in Norway, Sweden, Czech Republic and Switzerland...

Unfortunately, this camp's trainings can be easily divided into two parts. Why? 2 maps mean 2 parts...

Fast running through the white

The first and friendlier for orienteers map was bordered by a Baltic See. It was quite rich in details as far as contours and knolls are concerned. The biggest advantage of this map was its pretty good runnability. That was like the Eden for my legs, which really screamed for flying through the forest, not high-jumping like in Switzerland.





Bushy and marshy...

The latter map was fairly boring and didn't give so much pleasure. Fortunately, our trainings were really sophisticated there and didn't make me sleep while running ;-)




To conclude...

Not so many kilometers run but a great amount of time spent on laughing. As several times I played a role of a teacher, I hope I made the young competitors understand the basics and simply love orienteering!



No words needed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.