Thursday, September 11, 2008

New era is coming...

The previous 6 days were really rich in orienteering, especially the last weekend, which was the real challenge for me as I organised the whole journey and stay in Warsaw including taking part in 2 competition races on my own.

A few hours before my journey by train to the Polish capital I rode my bike to the Łagiewnicki forest to set the courses for the technical club training. It was not that easy but I - somehow - managed to do it!



Warsaw Championships in Night and Middle Distance Orienteering

The night race was a great opportunity to verify my orienteering skills at night in a quite similar terrain to the one where Polish Champs are going to be held in one week's time. The whole course went almost perfect, I even had time to help some nice girl who was lost in the forest. I felt I was certainly going to win this race! In fact, my night orienteering skills aren't that bad, are they...?



However, the real night was still to come... I don't think that sleeping only 2-3 hours could have been enough for the coming middle distance race in elite class. But the main goal was already pursued, so I didn't really care about it. I hope you don't think I drank any alcohol! The reason for sleeping that little was completely different. Ha, ha! ;-)

Nevertheless, middle also went quite satisfying as I took the bronze medal. My legs weren't working as I would have wished to but my mind was fairly fresh and co-operative - that's interesting!



The whole trip to Warsaw was very successful, not only because of sports accomplishments but also because of the fact that I have become more self-confident at night, as well as in normal private life and everyday situations.

Preparing for the Polish Club Championships...

This weekend my club is taking part in PCC in Jelenia Góra. The today's training was organised in order to get our brains ready for the tomorrow's sprint distance race. As far as the map is concerned, it is full of mistakes and wrongly used symbols but at least we had the possibility to get accustomed to the scale.



The strong group of 40 even stronger runners is approaching Jelenia Góra! I think you should be scared to death ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your performance during the night race in Warsaw was really impressing! Hope it is gonna be the same during Polish Champs :-)