Tuesday, July 6, 2010

26th in long

My aim for this race was to achieve a TOP 20 place, my dream - TOP 10.
The start was delayed by 40 minutes - ridiculous!
Unfortunately, I made mistakes at the first 2 controls and lost my self-confidence. I had to fight with myself to still believe... The middle part of the course went pretty well, although I didn't feel fantastic physically. At the spectator control I was 19th. During the last loop I felt really exhausted and lost some time (actually not due to my mistakes, but due to my lack of belief and praying just to finish my race).
All in all, my result is much better than I had expected while running. However, my performance was just featureless - not bad and not good... Comparing to my 99th place in Sweden 2 years ago, I can see an enormous progress. What's more, there's potential to fight for the TOP 10. Nevertheless, the podium place was completely out of reach and it's bitter...

The map with route choices and some analysis tomorrow, because there's a rest day at JWOC.

No comments: