Friday, November 28, 2008

Last meeting this year...

Yeah, I know it's pretty late now - 5 days after the weekend... but I did really have NO time to write this short note. Probably it's because I had to get accustomed to the old-new, LOVELY daily routine - physical training. It is just wonderful! It makes me feel so strong mentally and better than the other lazybones. However, I think the appropriate time to say somethin' about my training will come some day, not now anyway.

On Saturday I picked Slavko up from the Kaliska railway station and we joined the other runners from the whole Poland to attend 2 technical courses, sum up the previous season, begin the preparations for the coming one and simply have some fun together as the surroundings of Polish orienteers is the best possible one (as Hewi mentioned in his last note).

I think there's no point in describing the O-races since everything is written on the maps. I can only say I had some problems with my right knee since the PWT qualification race in Italy - that's why my results (Sat./Sun.) weren't satisfying at all. Even our club coach was a bit taken aback and asked me about a possible injury. It was really kind of him! :-) Fortunately, it's getting better and better right now.





Let's go on to something more interesting and important. I recommend taking part in a special poll organized by World of O and Ultimate Orienteering named Orienteering Achievement of 2008. On the right site of this website you'll find links to the presentations (special interviews) of all world's best O-runners. The aim of this poll is NOT to find the best or the most popular orienteer in the world, but to define which orienteer made the biggest progress last year or simply achieved the most unbelievable/unpredictable thing. I encourage you to vote as there are even some Trimtex prizes to win!

...and the last thing mentioned tonight: Have you already heard about I Łódzki Dwubój Biegowy? It's gonna be a really funny competition to compete in! I am already looking forward to it :)

No comments: