Sunday, November 9, 2008

I am damned childish!

Yesterday the Golden Needle 2008 event took place in our favourite Łagiewnicki Forest. I decided to compete in the strongest class - Men's Open. It was a kind of scorelauf in which we had to gather 600 points. In fact, there were 3 types of controls: no. 31-38 for 30 pts., 40-47 for 40 and 50-56 for 50.
At the beginning of the course the first choice came - right or left. The first one was followed by Piotrek Ch., Kamil and Zielu, whereas the latter was chosen by Chrupek, Łukasz and me.
Although I realised I would have to take a roundabout way because I lacked some points, I had a fairly good race till the 38th control which I did NOT actually find! I came across control no. 61 which was set for some younger competitors and went mad... I met Łukasz there and he said to follow him... so I did. While looking for 37 we were completely lost and ran like idiots all around. Suddenly, he spotted it and we were able to continue our way to the finish. It turned out that I had to carry out a real fight for the 5th place against Łukasz and some other individual starter (his running was pretty good!). Fortunately, I managed... but it was not satisfying at all.
I think I should have spend a little bit more time on course planning. Just compare the winner's route with mine...



Nonetheless, I am very far from crying. You cannot always win! This time there were 4 competitors better than me and I congratulate them on showing their technical and running abilities.



The only thing that consoles me is my pace during this race, which was even a bit better than the winner's one. However, rules of this particular competition are much different ;-)

[Please, tick 'hopeless!' below.]

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ano właśnie nie można zawsze wygrywać, a za notkę pełną pokory i skromności w żaden sposób nie można kliknąć 'hołples'. No przykro mi, ale nie dam Ci tej satysfakcji XD A ja trzeci rok z rzędu na Złotą Igłę jestem chora, a to taaakie fajne zawody!
Buuuziak :* I o!

Anonymous said...

No i pokazałem klasę!!!3 raz w roku wygrałem z podziem na zawodach:P TYlko czy to jest powód do dumy???:P

Anonymous said...

I've found the better route than mine: 31-32-33-41-43-52-51-55-53-54-46-44-40-35-34.
It makes it 200m shorter.

łuk said...

tak w domu właśnie sobie obmyśliłem i doszedłem do tego co pechu wiec sie w zupełności zgadzam z tobą a i jestem rad, ze wreszcie coś o mnie na podza blogu ;d

Anonymous said...

good luck in Italy! hope you're gonna win PWT or make it the A final at least :-P