Sunday, November 23, 2008

BENE!

This description was supposed to appear already before the weekend... Unfortunately, I had some unexpected problems with my scanner. However, better late than never!

16 XI - Sunday (Meeting Orientamento Venezia 2008 & sightseeing)
I had been looking forward to this fabulous day for a long time! Everything was just perfect, maybe except for my right knee injury.
I forgot to mention it in my previous note but I met Dana Brozkova from Czech Republic at the end of the qualification course. She wasn't actually running at full speed and I had the unique opportunity to be the one followed by her since the last controls of our courses were exactly the same. I might have got a bit TOO excited and fell down onto the hard asphalt. But don't think I was lying on the ground and began to cry - I just got up immediately and took wrong route choice to the last control... and she followed me. Then I returned these several meters and reached the finish line. It was an unforgettable experience;-)
The city, the course, the weather, the atmosphere was incredibly wonderful! I just lack words to describe all my feelings. What's more, I got another chance to run with a very strong runner from France - Francois Gonon. I had enough power to follow him between 3 controls. I think I had nothing to add, just click on the map below and delight in it...



Probably you're also interested why I was the first with the advantage of 16 minutes (!) in men's elite (the photo from my last note) for some time. Actually, I had 2 starting times and the difference between them was 31 mins. Obviously, I preferred to run earlier but my running time was activated 31' later! Hope you understand right now :)
Afterwards we visited Saint Mark's square and the brilliant Rialto bridge. The weather was really hot, it was such a pleasure to sit in a cosy restaurant sipping a cup of Espresso coffee and eating delicious Italian pizza. Then we came back to Lonigo by train and had to try hitch-hiking to reach our gym... and we managed! Thanks to Monika, I think.

17 XI - Monday (come back & Rubik's cube success)
As far as our journey is concerned, read the description of 12th November.
Nevertheless, during our flight I managed to solve Rubik's cube blindfolded at last! The only things I needed were:
- 2 3 6 10 12
- 1101 0210
- 282 141 676
- Ada holuje Edziaupiego i cepa Karola. Ja lubię.
- parity fix
and the time of 7:01.

In my opinion, there's no point in summing the whole stay up. I can just promise I will do everything to be there in one year's time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I myślę że zbierzesz wiekszą ekpię:)