Monday, March 15, 2010

I hate this !@#$%^& white shit!

This weekend I kind of began my 2010 O-season. However, personally I wouldn't call it 'orienteering'. I would rather use the term: sinking deep into the snow with a map. I just couldn't stand the fact that it was not me who chose the route choices, but the exisiting snow-tunnels prepared by all the runners who started before me... Moreover, it's unbelievable how much I lose physically in such deep snow - nevertheless, I'm sure it's all in my head. That's why my only aim during these races was to reach the finish line - not to make no mistakes, not to be 100% focused on map reading and not to achieve the best result! What's more, I caught a cold at Friday's night and have to fight with a sore throat and a runny nose right now. It all made this 3-day stay in the very north of Denmark a real nightmare for me. I DO HOPE it already was the worst one in the coming year!

On Friday we took part in a technical training:









At the weekend we competed in Nordjysk 2-Dages:

I don't even feel like analysing these courses, not yet... On the other hand, the terrain was really wonderful and I really can't wait to practise orienteering there (with no snow under my legs of course!). Today I am doing my best to get over this little illness, jump into my running shoes tomorrow and be back on Saturday stronger than ever!

P.S. Vote for us here! (survey in the right bottom corner of this site)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

o Hiszpanio, słodka Hiszpanio....wiedziałem że to lepszy pomysł xD