Wednesday, March 24, 2010

First of the minigoals executed:)

Last Friday we travelled to Podlesice so as to take part in a well-known cross.

Although I suffered from a little cold some days ago, I felt that I was pretty well prepared for this competition. I thought we were going to run the same loop as last year. I even analysed the split times and prepared myself mentally. However, it turned out that it's not possible to run using these tracks. That's why it was decided to move this race to Złoty Potok (the very same straight as 2, 3, 4... years ago).

I don't have so much time to describe my race very precisely as I realised that my A level exams are coming in a month's time. I just want to say that looking back on this competition I am pretty satisfied with my performance. Nevertheless, I didn't feel extremely strong physically that day and I must admit I would prefer this cross to have been carried out at a much faster loop...

All in all, comparing this result to the one from the year 2008, when I competed with the same people in my class, I made a considerable progress and am looking forward to improving my place in the forest!

Afterwards we had two technical trainings. I decided to take my headlamp for the first one because I wanted to practise some night orienteering (it got dark when I spotted the 11th control). It's unbelievable how I managed to find the 15th control among these bushes and enormous rocks... Moreover, I made a large mistake to the 16th control due to the lack of attention and laziness to focus on map reading and keeping the direction. On Sunday there was a middle distance course. I took it very easily. However, I must admit that sometimes I had a great willingness to speed up and feel the spirit of a real O-competition. I made one major mistake to the 11th control - I saw one or two more re-entrants in the terrain there... But who bothers?

Now I am leaving for a middle pace training in a nearby park (warm-up + 12,6km). Tomorrow a physical training combined with orienteering with my clubmates. Friday, 5:30 a.m. - we are heading for Denmark! Spring Cup, orienteering wake up;)

P.S. Łukasz, you are my real hero! Good luck on track! :)

No comments: