Friday, March 5, 2010

Good to be back!

It's been almost two months since I published the last post on my website. I must admit it's a shame! However, I promise I'll do my best not to make you wait so long again:)

Part of the national team travelled to Spain today. I feel so envious of that! Nevertheless, I know that staying in Poland is the best alternative for me since we are still working on my physical strength. What's more, I am heading for Denmark in 6 days in order to start my technical preparations for the coming JWOC in Aalborg.

But let me tell you what I have been doing since 8th January...

9 I 2010
All the people who train under the Pasza's strong-arm government were forced to take part in the so-called cross-test. Although its length was just about 2,64km, the times we achieved were horrible due to a dramatic amount of snow under our feet. Fortunately, I managed to secure my 1st position at the training plans' list.

23 I & 6 II 2010
Two times I decided to travel to Warsaw in order to compete in a cross-country race called Winter Mountain Run in Falenica. The course consists of 3 loops of about 3,2km and the climb is said to come to 255m. The weather conditions were really hard and my times of 43:16 (4th place) and 45:16 (3rd place) were quite satisfying. However, what's most important for me is the fact that I had a great opportunity to do a really tough training, strengthen my legs and boost my will power.

13 II 2010
That day I took part in a Valentine's Day O-competition organized by my club. It consisted of a 2-leg relay and a short scorelauf with a mass start. In the former I started with Ania F., both of us made one mistake (me mispunching the 16th control). Therefore we only managed to take the 4th place and won a 30-minute bus or tram trip in Łódź;) I succeeded in winning the second competition after a close fight with Cilu and Jasina. Exactly the same day we travelled to Szklarska Poręba for a winter camp.

14-24 II 2010
We spent 11 lovely days in the beautiful Polish mountains. As you all know, I just love the figures: more than 256km, more than 31 hours of training (about 26,5h of pure running). I am sure I worked really hard throughout this period of time and I hope it will pay back in the future.
On 19th February we competed in the Polish Championships in Ski Orienteering (2-person relay). My partner was Charubcia and... we had very much fun out there in the forest;) It was just not the matter of the results but the great enjoyment and the ability to laugh at one's self because our skiing skills were (I would even say: still are) far from perfect.

today
I am having a running-free day because tomorrow I am to take part in a special provincial cross-test in Ruda Pabianicka. Yesterday I made a really strong training to wake my legs up a bit - 2km + 7x3/3mins (with the average pace of 3:23/km) + 2km. Unfortunately, it's been snowing today and it is bound to be quite cold on Saturday but I'll do my best to come as close as possible to the course best time of 30:05...

No comments: