Thursday, December 4, 2008

...last season's summary.

Because of having some time before today's training I decided to sum up my last year's sporting activity. I really like maths and am quite good at it (I think ;-P) - that's why I usually perceive almost everything in figures...
I considered training period between 12th November 2007 and 23rd November 2008. Here are the results of my hard calculation work:

weeks - 54
(6 of them - cooling down just after the season)
km - 2787,315
a weekly average - 51,62

days - 378
physical trainings - 136
technical trainings - 84
O-competitions - 71
(34 of them - abroad)
tests/running competitions - 8
days spent on sports camps - 148
(81 of them - abroad)
days without running - 113
(24 of them - during the cooling down period)

Some conclusions
it seems to be quite a lot... and surely it was. It enabled me to achieve 4 Polish Champs medals (out of 6) and miss the podium just 2 times at the most important competitions in Poland. What's more, I did not only qualify for EYOC, which had been one of the main goals for the past season, but also for JWOC, which I hadn't even dreamt of!
Nonetheless, was my performance during these two incredibly important and prestigious competitions satisfying enough? On the one hand, it was my debut and I could feel a bit stressed and inexperienced; on the other hand, I became a proud member of Polish Youth Team and my results should have been much better since it is a really responsible role of honour. In any case, I promise I'll take all pains to improve my strength and techniques next year.
I do believe this season was just a 'flyover' to the orienteering at highest world level. Certainly, it was a climax of my junior career, but I hope the real heights are still to come some day...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

All in all I think it was a fantastic year for You, wasn't it?
"I really like maths and am quite good at it (I think ;-P)" - Yes. I am sure You Are :)
JWOC... It was very nice suprise for us :) Of course we know quite well, that You are great runner, but JWOC woow...
Next season? I wish... No! I am sure it is going to be better for You than this one ;)

(Boże... mój debiut w komentowaniu 'in inglisz' dlatego wybacz proszę^^)

Anonymous said...

believe me, you really achieved a lot this year, but i just wish your note was less pathetic :-)

Anonymous said...

anonymous:
pathetic to jest chyba twoj stary a nie ta notka, co najwyzej bombastic albo pompous mozna o niej powiedziec...

Unknown said...

Pathetic? Hahaaa... nieee była rzeczowa i właśnie jak dla mnie całkiem skromna ^^