Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hässleholms Long - greater result than effort...

Today my first individual competition in Sweden this year took place. I was incredibly happy that it was going to be held during the day. I wanted to take pains to perform as well as possible. However, my legs' opinion was much different... I felt as if their weight was about 15kg more than usually. Moreover, I didn't manage to pursue the main goal for this race - keeping a constant touch with my map - already at the very beginning of the first long leg. Nevertheless, I succeeded in regaining my concentration and had a technically 'not-so-bad' race.
The course was 6,5km and my time was 45:10. I must admit there were fairly high mountains in the forest. I achieved the third place, over 3 minutes behind the winner and exactly 2 minutes behind Olej. That speaks for a very poor level in our class...

No comments: