Monday, April 6, 2009

Great training week and brilliant performance:)

My good performance at Spring Cup in Denmark gave me a lot of needed motivation to train as hard as possible. What's more, my injured right foot started getting better and better and piercing pain went off slowly. I felt so fresh and determined during last week's trainings! It was not only my own feeling as it turned out on Saturday. But let's begin with Wednesday's School Provincial Champs in 10-person Cross-Country Relay...

Obviously, we were not among the favourites and I took this race as a part of my speed training. The distance was said to be 1200m in an almost totally flat terrain. I was chosen to run the last leg of course. Unfortunately, when I started - being in the second last position - I could not even see the runners ahead of me! Although I had known it would be immensely difficult to reach them, I decided to push hard to skip one place up at least. However, the gap turned out to be too large and we missed the 11th place by some 100m. My time was 3:40, which makes an average of 3:03 per km. I was pretty satisfied, but very tired after spending half a day in hot sun beams...

And now I would like to pass on to the aforementioned Saturday. Yeah... 2 days ago we had our own 'spring cup' in Łódź. It was called 'Welcoming the spring', indeed. Much earlier I had decided to compete in elite class in order to have a longer course and more fun! I made a brilliant race and have beaten my own trainer for the very first time in an official Polish ranking competition. Moreover, I'll hopefully get some delicious ice-cream from Zielu since he bet on me winning with Pasza and Amelka is bound to buy some ice-cream for him at one of the coming competitions. I would also like to add that the most prestigious classes were won by Gwoździu, Nati, Zielu and me. Funny, isn't it? :)


Uff... now I have clear conscience and can easily head for Sweden tomorrow. I recommend you to take a look at Jacek Morawski's website to check all the competition races we are going to take part in. As far as the night relays (7-manna and 10mila) are concerned, I am going to run the first legs in both of them. I got to know the plan of technical trainings as well and judging from it we are going to face 17 O-challenges with a map - it sounds really wonderful!

CU back on 20th!

No comments: