Wednesday, November 17, 2010

International end of 2010 O-season

On 25th October I began quite a nice period of the so-called cooling down.

However, I could not stop competing at all, because I was chosen to run the 3rd leg for my Swedish club - Nybro OK - at Smålandskavlen in Tranås.

Interesting thing about this competition is the fact that the first 2 legs are night ones and there is NO mass start. There's interval start, I mean.
The rest of the competition (legs 3-5) is held during the following day and the 3rd leg is the one with chasing start.

My leg was the shortest one (6,85km) and I had a miserable race...
I made 2 awful mistakes:
127 - I wanted to be more cunning than my companions and ran mindlessly forward, 2'10 lost;
143 - I ran up the hill and suddenly my compass needle turned around and I completely didn't know what to do, 1'00 lost.
1 considerable mistake:
33 - poor 'in' (attacking this control) and poor 'out' (leaving the previous control), 0'25 lost.
And 7 minor mistakes:
88, 49, 48, 42, 135, 128, 144 - 1'20 lost in total.

It was not possible for me to be satisfied with my performance (50th leg time and only 1 place up at the changeover). However, I was really happy that I got the opportunity to be the member of Polish relay (Mały, Olej, me, Lupek, Włodar) in Swedish club. Finally, we reached the 44th spot (118 teams took part).

No comments: