Sunday, April 11, 2010

Danish Easter


I could hardly find any time in Łódź to write this post, so I am doing it right now lying on my bed in Szklarska Poręba.



We travelled to Denmark in order to take part in Spring Cup and Paskelob. Moreover, we planned to do some technical trainings.

During Spring Cup I took part in Night Relay running the last leg in my team (Pasza, Charubcia, Olej). I was to run slowly but I just couldn't help speeding up;)
Unfortunately, I hit my right knee against some large branch and wasn't able to run the following day. It was my favourite Classic distance and I was pretty disappointed.
On the other hand, I was really lucky because as soon as Sunday I was able to run the longest last leg in Relay. Our team looked exactly the same as 2 days before.

Then, we moved to Givskud for a technical camp. We had 3 model events before Paskelob competition. Nevertheless, the terrain was so boring and different from the one during the races that it was a real waste of time!
The 3-day competition called Paskelob (long distance races with a handicap last day) showed that my O-technique is on a quite satisfying level. However, my legs didn't work as I would have wished they had done. That's why I lost several minutes each day to Rino and Hewi... But I think there's nothing to worry about because it's just not the time to win. Not yet.

We stayed in Denmark 2 days more, during which we did 2 sprint trainings and one middle distance. I must say the maps were far more interesting than the previous ones just before the competition.

We came back to Poland and I had to stay one day in Gdynia to take part in a special medical examination. What's more, I was very happy to run a short technical training in a JWOC 2011 terrain.

Finally and at last(!), we could return to Łódź to spend 3 days there and go on another sports camp to Szklarska Poręba. At last... why? Because I just lost so much motivation during this stay in Denmark... Fortunately, when I came back home, I got extremely motivated and determined once again. Much more than ever before!

No comments: