Thursday, October 1, 2009

An active day!

Yesterday the Championships of the 26th High School in cross-country running took place. I did a proper, really long and solid warm up and was ready for the start. I stood in the first line as one of the biggest favourites. I let one other guy (who got silver eventually) lead the race till 1:55 on my watch. Then, I got bored with the pace and pushed much harder just before a little mountain. Thanks to it, I gained a considerable advantage and was able to become the school champion easily:) I measured the course length and it was a bit over 1200m (but let's take these 1200m). My 'official' time was 3:44 but I'd rather trust the time on my own watch - 3:48. This makes quite a good pace of 3:10/km. The second runner came to the finish 10 seconds behind me.

In the evening I visited Arturówek to take part in the last night training before the Polish Champs. It would have been really hard for me to run slower than I did. I just focused on avoiding mistakes and analysing the appropriate pace in each moment of the race. The results presented below;)


My race at the Polish Champs in night orienteering is going to begin only in some 30 hours! I am highly motivated to win the gold and I think that the best recipe for pursuing this goal is here:
This is the how very true sentence said by Jasina Junior.

1 comment:

Agać said...

No i przecież ciągle działa 5 paluszków :)