Monday, May 4, 2009

outstanding Sweden

Firstly, I would like to say that I updated the previous note about Tiomila - I added my map and a short text;) And now let's go on to describe shortly the second last competition race during our camp in Sweden - i.e. Elitserien Sprint.

It was held just one day before 10Mila, at April 17th in the afternoon. Obviously, we were not permitted to start in the first final and competed in a class called 'H21 E2'. The course parameters were pretty frightening - 3,1km and 93 meters of climb! Fortunately, I avoided getting lost in the first tricky area and didn't make any huge mistakes throughout the whole course. However, my legs did not want to cooperate with me at all. Surprisingly, I achieved the 2nd time of Polish Junior Team runners, behind Stefan, but it was still sooo far from the leaders and something I could have called 'a satisfying performance'...

Below I present all the maps from technical trainings with some words of description on each of them.









As you can see, the terrains were really sophisticated and we had a great opportunity to improve our technical skills in almost every aspect of orienteering.

All in all, spending 12 days in the south of Sweden meant almost 147km in legs, 6 competition races, 12 technical trainings, 18 new maps and a great fun with Polish Junior Team!

No comments: