Friday, October 7, 2011

Passion - that's what you need.

A lot happened since the last post. Only one thing is common for the past weeks: the fact that my shape sucks.

However, I even managed to become the Polish Champion in night orienteering for the second time in a row. My race was far from perfect - more than 10 minutes lost to 'superman'.
I did even reach another medal - bronze in the long distance race. I lacked the appropriate motivation and my only goal was to finish the race. It's no fun getting medals in a way like this. Fortunately, I am coming to the elite class in less than 3 months and I can't wait to get a real thrashing;) To be honest, Dominik's silver medal was much more important for me than my own one! You REALLY deserved it:)

A week before that I got the honour to run the last leg of the winning club relay during Polish Club Champs. The whole job was done on the first 6 legs and I just had to collect all the controls. Done.

Last week I got the opportunity to join my first camp with the Polish National (elite) Team in Switzerland. The trainings were really nice and I had a lot of fun with the map in my hand. As far as the Saturday's World Cup middle distance race is concerned, I got to know where the leaders are and that I am extremely far from that point. Great and useful experience!


As you see from the beginning of my post, I succeeded in getting some good results lately - even if my shape was awful. But...
- Is the whole fun only in the results you achieve?
- Isn't it actually the passion that make you happy?
- Do you prefer having tremendous numbers of medals or enjoying your everyday training and lifestyle?

The answers seem to be quite obvious. For me.

No comments: