Monday, September 14, 2009

3x2.

The 2nd round of Polish Club Championships took place in Gdynia last weekend. Our club fought to keep the great 2nd place after the spring round and... we finally did manage! However, it was a really tough battle against really strong this time Śląsk Wrocław.

The first race was a sprint distance event on Friday. The terrain was quite unusual, but I don't really like so-called forest sprints... I made a regular race making just one bigger mistake of about 24 seconds. However, Olej was prepared much better physically that weekend and won with the advantage of 38 seconds over me. I took the first 2nd place:)


On Saturday there were two races waiting for me! In the morning we were to compete in the middle distance. I made a really good effort technically and caught Wojtek Pachnik as soon as the 6th control. I must admit I really like running with him cause he's prepared very well physically and it helps me keep the appropriate pace throughout the course. I made one considerable mistake to the 8th control that cost me the victory. Nevertheless, I am pretty satisfied with both of these individual races since I became sure that in our class there is: Olej, me, ... and the rest. As for the results, I took the second 2nd place:)


Late in the evening there was the most exciting race of the weekend ahead of me! First legs at night! 38 relays at the startline! And only one goal - finish among the best! Or maybe one more (even much more important!) - have fun, enjoy and love every meter of the course! And all the goals were realised;-) I felt really good physically and was easily able to keep with the leading group! The pace was impressive and I felt very tired the following day. I reached the finish line as the 7th runner losing 2:23 to Maciek Grabowski from Flota Gdynia. It was a really good starting position for our team...
On Sunday Ewa, Nati and Cilu made great races and Agata went to the forest as the leader. Unfortunately, she got too much stressed and made an awful mistake to the very first control and lost time and place... Then, Łukasz had a really good race again and Pasza was let out to the forest at the 4th place only some 2 minutes behind Slavko and Piotr Cych. He was flying on the course and finished SECOND with a considerable advantage over Śląsk and UNTS. So... we took a historical 2nd place:)


Above you can see the relay map with my own route choices (drawn before seeing the GPS routes) and below I present the GPS tracking from Forerunner 305.


3x2 makes 2... and we are the 2nd club in Poland again!

No comments: