Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My technique sucks!

The first 2 stages of Hungaria Cup 2009 were ones of my worst races during this season.

On the 1st day I started incredibly fast. Unfortunately, the 2nd control was one of the two controls on the whole course (2nd and 5th) where you just had to slow down a bit. Of course, I did NOT do it and lost almost 6 minutes!!! Then, my only goal was to finish the race...
(map: HK 2009 1st stage and WOC 2009 middle qual)

The next stage was carried out on WOC 2009 long qual map and it was a long distance race for us as well. I wanted to calm down and run a bit slower in order to read the map precisely and got to know that my mistakes are not caused by my running speed. So by what?! I don't really know it yet... Just look at the controls: 1st (nearly 2mins lost), 8th (more than 3') and 13th (more than 2'). What's more, I took the wrong route choice to the 7th control, but ran pretty fast and lost only 50secs. I don't count all the smaller mistakes...

No comments: