Thursday, October 30, 2008

It must have happened some day! / The Podzio Show

There was a great chance on Saturday to fulfil the everlasting aim to beat Pasza at the PoZnO competition as I started only 2 minutes behind him. I decided to push really hard from the very beginning. The first time I saw Piotruś were the surroundings of the 3rd control - he was leaving it while I had some 50m to reach it. The similar situation took place at the 4th control and then the deciding control no. 5 came! Unfortunately, it was situated in the wrong place and the competition became a bit unjust... Afterwards we motivated each other to run faster and faster. I led to the next 3 (and a half;]) controls. Then my legs became a bit too heavy to gain a satisfying speed after such a tough beginning and Pasza was the one to follow...
Our performance wasn't obviously amazing but I managed to make my eternal dream come true :-) I hope it's gonna happen more often in the future!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On Monday, October 27th, the 10-person Relay Secondary School Championships of Łódź were held in a small park in Stoki district. I had ran there twice(?) so far. However, the track was considerably different this time... to my advantage. I could choose between the first and tenth leg. Of course I took the last one!
Although we didn't start incredibly (17th place after the 1st run), the next 3-5 legs managed to get to the top 6 very close to the podium. After the magnificent 7th leg we were already on the podium places! The following two runners made it to the 2nd place. Then it was me to start...

I hadn't really expected such a stunning performance of my schoolmates. I knew very well that they rested their hopes in me and I just couldn't let them down. The first place was just impossible to reach as the loss of time was too huge. Everyone expected a real struggle for the silver medal because I started only some 3 seconds ahead of the 3rd-place runner. I decided to speed up as much as possible to make the guy tired. I must admit I had a wonderful day and when some mild slopes came, my advantage was getting bigger and bigger. On the last meters I could even afford a small show trotting and waving with the baton cheerfully to my friends. It was an amazing while for me. I wished it had lasted forever! I felt like a great hero! ;-)
If you asked for the key to success, I'd certainly answer it was an unbelievably equal team. The difference between the worst (3:24) and the best (3:06) time was only 18 seconds. To be more precise and end this note, the distance was said to amount to 990m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done!

Anonymous said...

nie podoba mi się ten dyplom, mam nadzieję że to już ostatni taki! ;) /pasza