Thursday, May 21, 2009

Limanowa Cup 2009 and EYOC qualification races

It was a wonderful 3-day competition for me! I managed to get three 1st places in the most important races (qualification races for EYOC) and gained 300 points, which was one of my goals and dreams. The fourth course (included in Limanowa Cup overall standings) was an orienteering downhill, in which I succeeded in achieving a podium place (2nd). It all allowed me to get a clear victory in my class with a margin of almost 15 minutes!
There were two other interesting classifications carried out during this competition - North vs. South match and mountain bonus. I was chosen to represent the team of South by its coach Remek Widziewicz and we managed to beat our opponents from North and got nice T-shirts as a reward. The mountain bonus was clearly won by Pietrzyk! However, I helped him a bit... and am very happy I did it;-)

Below I present all the maps (in a chronological order) with a precise analysis on each of them.









Tomorrow early in the morning we are leaving for Gdynia to take part in Baltic Cup 2009. I am going to compete in the elite class. On Saturday a long distance race of 15km is in for me! Right after the competition I am heading for Italy. I am going to stay there till 3rd June on a high-mountain camp. It's gonna be really tough... It must be!

No comments: